Friday 5 March 2010

Tarnished Images - Artwork

Hey y'all and welcome to Friday! I'm currently reading 'A Madness of Angels' by Kate Griffin and it is shaping up to be one of the best books of 2010 for me so far. Because of the stunning use of language and the amazing ideas on display, I am really taking my time and savouring it - good for me, but bad for you because I have no book reviews for you at the moment!

In the absence of this, I have decided to give a shout out to Tarnished Images! While I was over in the States I encountered this artwork at a fair, and promptly snapped up four of the prints which now take pride of place in my living room. I think the dragons that Ruth paints are just amazing! I know that the artwork won't be to all tastes (isn't that the beauty of art? We all love different things!), but I urge those interested to point their mouses in the direction of her website.

Here are the four prints that I picked out, for your Friday morning pleasure. Have a great weekend!







2 comments:

  1. Just popping by to say hello! I'm in an odd position with fantasy literature... in that I never read it, but somehow have ended up doing a doctorate on use of the fantastic in interwar novels! All rather different. My brother (who is an actuary) is rather a fantasy fan... and I'm currently (slowly) reading The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan, on his recommendation. Maybe there's hope for me yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon! *waves*

    Wow, never read fantasy literature? I would urge you to dip your toe - I think you're missing out, otherwise. I can give some decent recommendations of the finest examples of the genre :-)

    ReplyDelete