Friday 6 August 2010

Blog Hop '10! Make New Blog Friends!

I saw an invitation to Blog Hop '10 on My Friend Amy's blog and I thought it looked liked great fun. I've participated now and then in the Friday blog hop and this is just a bigger version.

I'm always on the look out for new blogs to add to my Google Reader - I might not comment on everything I read, but I do read every post on the blogs that hit my feed!

But this big Blog Hop '10 is a chance for me to get out of the shadows and start commenting on all those blogs of interest.

Floor to Ceiling Books is a blog that celebrates all things book! I love reading in all genres, and try to get reviews up as regularly as possible. When I am not reviewing, I am pondering bookish issues or writing articles on matters such as formidable female protagonists.

I love receiving comments to my blog (which makes me ashamed that I don't reciprocate quite as much as I should! Time to change that habit!) and I love meeting new people in this ultra-friendly community of ours.

I really hope all those who pop by see something they like - and maybe you can stick around a while :-)

Happy Blog Hopping everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the BlogHop! I'm a voracious reader, too, though I rarely review books that I read. I love picking up recommendations from other people's reviews, though, so I'll definitely be coming back here from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm visiting from the blog hop party.
    I love your background!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Enjoy getting out and meeting other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never heard of Blog Hop. I just saw it when I made my ususal stop here. I must confess, I'm a lurker on your blog :-)

    I totally understand where you're coming from with regards to receiving and not leaving comments, that's why you've never known I come here!

    Anyways, now that I've made myself known, feel free to visit me http://www.readinghaspurpose.com

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @readinghaspurpose - your blog is brand new, isn't it? :-) I like your 'Use it in a sentence' feature. I would like to add your blog to my Google Reader but your RSS button is giving me an error! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, interesting. I regret that I don't always have the time to read every post that's on my blogroll, but I do my best, and much like you, I read much more than I comment. But networking and making new bookish friends can be fun too, and I think perhaps I'll end up giving this Blog Hop a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic background! I am a fellow literature lover. I confess, I have pretty limited reading tastes. Hoping to nreak out though and try newer things. I do the occasional book review and keep a running list of my reads for the year on my blog- feel free to visit and COMMENT ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a booklover too--and about to start my PhD in English literature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping in from the 'hop'! I am a booklover too. Too many good books and not enough time to read them all! :) This blogging world sure is friendly... I love it!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Magemanda - For the life of me I cannot figure out why my blog is doing this. I had no clue until you pointed it out. Thanks so much. I've spent the better part of my weekend trying to figure it out. I finally just gave in and posted the question on google help. Hopefully someone will respond quickly.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Hoopin by, I think youyr layout is cool. I love books too.

    ReplyDelete