Thursday 30 September 2010

Looking Back on September, Looking Forward to October



There is more than a hint of autumn in the air as we reach the end of September, and some of the trees are beginning to turn.

September was the first of my themed months - and my theme was one of a historical nature. Here are the reviews I managed:

1) Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
2) The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
3) Dissolution by C J Sansom

Only three books in the historical theme, but what occurred to me immediately was the fact that this theme covers an astonishing period - I read novels dealing with ancient Rome, the War of the Roses and the dissolution of the monasteries under Henry VIII. I can definitely see myself doing another historical themed month, because I have the other Shardlake novels on my TBR pile, and I didn't even touch such authors as Simon Scarrow and Elizabeth Chadwick. Look out for another soon!

You were also spoilt with the following reviews:

4) Kiss Heaven Goodbye by Tasmina Perry
5) Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane
6) Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich
7) Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane
8) The Harlequin's Dance by Tom Arden
9) City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane

A few days back I put it to my readers to pick the theme for October and the votes have been counted. In October I shall be concentrating on mostly Quercus books! I can't promise I won't read/review other books, but the majority will be Quercus titles. I hope you stick around!

Happy reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment